As a childcare provider, we meet the criteria of the EYFS, which is defined by the Department for Education; this means following a structure of learning, development and care for all our children.
We are committed to the EYFS, ensuring that:
- Children learn through play.
- We work closely with all parents and have a key person system in place.
- We take every child’s unique qualities and interests into consideration when planning their day.
- We keep parents up-to-date on their child’s progress.
- We meet the welfare, learning and all-round development needs of children with different backgrounds and levels of ability, including those with special educational needs and disabilities.
To help children reach their full potential, we deliver the EYFS curriculum of learning through purposeful play and a mix of planned adult-led and child-initiated activities. Whilst all areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected, the EYFS framework splits the areas of learning into “Prime” and “Specific” Areas.