The Syston Day Nursery is looking to recruit a Full-time Nursery Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity to begin a career working in an Early Years setting with young children whilst gaining experience as you learn. You will work towards gaining a full qualification and the apprenticeship will last a minimum of 12 months.
You will be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare. Throughout your role you are will be offered full training, support and guidance. Your role will include:
• Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years and organising activities to meet the children’s individual needs
• Assisting and meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children (including changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with the children)
• Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well-presented
• Working as part of a team and contribute in an effective and supportive manner
• To contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
• Attend team meetings and training sessions
• Be able to understand and implement the setting’s policies and procedures including Safeguarding.
An ideal candidate will need some childcare experience and be able to demonstrate that they are passionate about caring for children and have an outgoing, fun, motivated attitude as well as being committed, punctual and a reliable individual. All candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and two satisfactory references.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter and your CV to Sarah Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org